SMITH/Associates provides expertise in multiple aspects of environmental compliance, remediation, data collection and dissemination and project management.
SMITH/Associates has proven expertise in Environmental Program Management and Operation Oversight at locations across the globe.
- Environmental restoration oversight of contractor activities to include review and documentation of field activities, review of deliverables, and participation in meetings.
- Conducting Installation Restoration Program (IRP) field oversight of contractor activities to assure compliance with project specifications and plans, reporting results of field oversight to AFCEC and CEIE points of contact.
- Conducting detailed engineering reviews of existing installations to identify both design flaws and best practice features of the various manufacturers to enable future potential risks to be eliminated, both from an environmental compliance perspective and health and safety elements affecting personnel.
- Identification of significant cost savings related to incorrect site assessments due to misinterpretation of data and existing available information.
- Participation in and support of Environmental Compliance Assessment Management Program (ECAMP) efforts.
- Conducting shop inspections for compliance with environmental regulations and utilizing AFCEC and eDASH tools to implement the base’s Environmental Management System.
- Providing technical assistance in the development, testing, and deployment of project management data systems and tools, and assisted in the dissemination of information gained during the execution of the task order.
- Assisting with negotiations with federal and state permitting authorities to ensure that construction activities on base comply with Federal and host nation regulations.
- Maintaining databases for specific project tracking, ensuring that challenges to project progress are identified at an early stage.
- Assisting with environmental planning (i.e., EIAP/NEPA), inter-agency coordination, cultural and natural resource protection, endangered species, and historic preservation.